20.2.11

Homemade Mixing Medium / Medio de Mezcla Hecho en Casa

Today I tried making this mixing medium to use eyeshadows wet, and I think it turned out great.

I've tried using my minerals wet before using Visine, but it didn't really work, since once it dried, it would flake to the point were to blow on it, the pigment would be almost completely gone (I'm referring to swatches here, cause I don't think it would be easy to blow on your eye xD).

So I decided to try this recipe, and see how it went:



The recipe is very simple, it's just 1 part glycerin and 3 parts water, and the result were very nice.
I used distilled water, since tap water expires fairly quickly (7 - 10 days) and I made something around 50 ml. in a little empty cologne bottle I had.

I'm really pleased with how it turned out, and the swatches I have in my arm, haven't flaked so far, plus you save a lot of money cause none of the ingredients is expensive.
So, yeah, pictures at the bottom :)

EDIT: It's alive!

I recently got home from my vacations, and as I was putting the make up I took with me back into it's place, I look at my mixing medium, and yes, it developed life. I'm guessing the problem was temperature, it's been almost three weeks, and since glycerin is organic, it probably needed refrigeration. So, what I'm going to do, is make some more, but less, after I fucking boil the bottle (pardon my french), keep it in the fridge and see how it goes. My guess is it's going to last longer, but because glycerin is organic, the developing of life is probably inevitable without some artificial preserving agents.
___________________________________________________________________

Hoy tenia ganas de experimentar con mi maquillaje, así que decidí intentar hacer un medio de mezcla (¿así se llama?), para usar mis pigmentos mojados, en una técnica que se llama foiling, y creo que resultó bastante bien.


He intentado usar esta técnica antes con Visine (gotas para ojos), pero no resulta muy bien, porque cuando se seca, los pigmentos están como sueltos, y no se adhieren a la piel, o sea que si lo soplas se vuelan.

Así que intenté esta receta, que es muy sencilla: solo se necesita glicerina y agua, y se usa 1 parte de glicerina y 3 partes de agua, y resulta muy bien.
Yo usé agua destilada en vez de agua de la llave, porque dura más (el agua de la llave se hecha a perder a los 7 o 10 días), e hice al rededor de unos 50 ml.

Hasta el momento me gusta bastante el resultado: las muestras que tengo en el brazo ya se secaron pero no se han soltado, y a demás se ahorra bastante dinero, porque ninguno de los ingredientes es caro.

Así que, eso, fotos a continuación :)

EDIT: Está vivo!

Hace poco llegué de vacaciones y mientras guardaba el maquillaje que llevé, saqué la botellita con mi mixing medium, y si, desarrolló vida. Supongo que el problema fue la temperatura; han pasado casi tres semanas, y como la glicerina es orgánica, probablemente necesitaba refrigeración. Así que lo que voy a hacer es, hacer un poco mas, después de hervir la botella, dejarlo en el refrigerador y ver como anda. Mi idea es que va a durar mas, pero sin preservantes artificiales la contaminación va a ser inevitable.

1939 - BFTE
1939 BFTE
Foiled / Mojado
1939 BFTE
Dry, no base / Seco sin base 
1939 BFTE
Foiled, direct sunlight / Mojado, al sol.
1939 BFTE
Dry, no base, direct sunlight / Seco, sin base, al sol.
Left, homemade mixing medium. Right, glycerin.
Izq.,medio de mezcla(?). Der., glicerina.
Distilled water / Agua destilada.
Life?/Vida?

0 comentarios:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading your comments, and I really appreciate them!
Thanks for reading my blog! <3